The meaning of malocclusion is that the teeth are not adjusted accurately. There are a lot of causes of malocclusion of teeth that are discussed below.
Occlusion specifies the adjustment of the tooth and thus the process that the upper tooth ought to match marginally over the lower teeth. The points of the molars must be able to the trenches of the adverse molar.
The upper tooth keeps you from cutting your cheeks and lips, and your lower teeth defend your tongue.
Malocclusion is much genetic. It means it is rooted through families. It can be due to a distinction between the scale of the upper and lower jaws or between the mouth and teeth size. Malocclusion causes teeth enforcement or peculiar bite patterns. The arrangement of the jaws or birth deficiency like cloven lip and palate can also sense for a malocclusion.
Also Read: Dental Implants
There are some other causes also that are outlined below:
- Childhood things like thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, mediator adopt above 3 years old babies and use of a bottle regularly
- Additional teeth, removed teeth, broken teeth, or particularly carved tooth
- oversize dental stuffing, crowns, dental gadgets, retainers, or splints
- Jaw fractures misalignment after a serious injury
- Mouth and jaw tumours
Classes of Malocclusion of Teeth
There are three types of classes of malocclusion that are different with each other:
- Class 1: It is the most familiar class of malocclusion. The bite is traditional; however, the upper teeth marginally flap the lower teeth.
- Class 2: Retrognathism or overbite are the other names of this class of malocclusion. It appears during the tooth and upper jaw extremely overlaps the lower jaw and tooth.
- Class 3: prognathism or underbite are the other names of this class of malocclusion. It appears during the lower jaw juts out forward, creating the tooth and lower jaw to overlap the tooth and upper jaw.